Blog

Passing Along Gratitude From Greatergood Scholars in the Philippines

By Brittany John – Health, Hunger, and Education Program Manager

Because of your generosity, these 10 girls were provided scholarships for the last two consecutive years in the Philippines. Not only have they been educated, but these girls along with 700 of their classmates were provided school meals on a daily basis. We have seen an astounding 85% reduction in malnutrition among the 700 students you helped feed on a daily basis this last year!

We wanted to pass along handwritten thank you notes from these 10 GreaterGood Scholars!

Click on the photos below and give the impactful gift of education this holiday season. Help us provide scholarships for the third consecutive year for each of these courageous girls.

School Feeding Program

Your donations have provided 91,000 school meals this last year and 374,500 meals since the beginning of our collaboration relationship two years ago.

This school feeding program is run solely by incredibly hard working parent volunteers.

Sheila, a parent volunteer, prepares school meals every day. She gets to the school at 6 am to start prepping school meals and does not leave until the kitchen closes in the afternoon.

For her, the feeding program is a community that nourishes her and her son not just physically but emotionally as well. “Hinding-hindi ka elulungkot dito,” is how she keeps herself and those around her motivated (You’ll never be unhappy here).

Ron is a third-year volunteer and father of two 5th grade children at the school. His wife left him for another man, and since then he is the only one in charge of the children.

When asked about the impact the program has had in his and his children’s life he said :

“My children have learned why it is important to eat veggies. Volunteering for In-Visible means a lot to me. When I am here at the kitchen, I forget about all my problems and find support from all the other volunteers. Being in good company makes me feel stronger and happier.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

by brittany, December 1, 2017