The 10 Best Things YOU Made Happen for People in 2017
In 2017, GreaterGood.org celebrated 10 Years of Giving Where It Matters. Here are our 10 favorite things YOU made possible last year:
1. GreaterGood.org’s Rescue Bank Program Partners with US Coast Guard to Feed Animals Ravaged by Hurricane Irma.
“It was hard enough to learn that evacuating families couldn’t board boats or planes with their pets. When we found out that shelters and vets had just a few bags of food left for almost 200 dogs and cats, we had to find a way to get food to the island as quickly as possible. We’re blessed to have such good friends among the United States Coast Guard, FEMA, Freeway Logistics in San Juan, and island residents who pitched in to deliver this food just in time.” – Elizabeth Asher, Executive Director, Rescue Bank Program
2. Three Days Was All It Took for Autism Mom to Start Seeing Improvements in Her Son! – At two years old, Hans was like any other boy, except he would not speak. Learn more about this brave boy’s story here.
3. YOU provided Daily Meals for Burmese Refugee Children. Together, this last year, we provided 328,953 meals to Burmese children. Learn more about these youth here.
4. Thanks to YOU, 46 Children Received Real Comfort When They Entered Foster Care! To help decrease trauma and increase self-esteem, Together We Rise offers children entering foster care across the nation “Sweet Cases.” This gift to the child includes a duffle bag, teddy bear, blanket, hygiene kit, crayons, and a coloring book. Sweet Cases are provided to foster care agencies, police departments, Child Protection Services, and foster parents. Learn more here.
5. Decreasing Chronic Malnutrition by 60% in Rwandan Communities. YOUR generous donations have reached over 2,000 families, reducing chronic malnutrition by 60%! Learn more here.
6. Girls’ Voices for Change Contest, Meet the Winners Series, Pt. I – Big Idea Prize – Learn more about the contest, and our talented winners here.
7. Nassozi Kimberly Knows Struggle, Wants to Become an Architect – Learn more and watch her video here.
8. YOU Got Food to Severely Malnourished Kids – Read all about it here.
9. Your Donations Helped Build a House in Haiti for the Most Needy – Learn about your efforts here.
10. You provided clean drinking water for many. 19 water wells built, affecting 55 primary schools & currently providing access to clean water for 7,500 children! Learn more here.
by Jim Kober, January 8, 2018