Blog

, ,

Your Support of Our Scholarship Program Is Impacting the World!

By Brittany John – Health, Hunger and Education Program Manager

September marked GreaterGood.org’s 11 year anniversary! We celebrate by sharing a few of our successes over the past year. Thanks to YOUR support, we are There When It Matters™ for people, pets and the planet, and we are there to stay! 

One unique aspect of GreaterGood.org’s Scholarship Program is our pivotal focus on supporting young girls through the completion of secondary school. With an approximate 130 million girls out of school, our goal is to improve these numbers by building long-lasting relationships with our partners to better understand unique barriers faced by girls in their community and identify students in need who are interested in achieving the long-term goal of completing secondary school.

Secondary school completion is essential because we know girls who complete secondary school are more likely to earn higher incomes, strengthen economies, lead healthier lives and are less likely to marry early.

In August 2018, we funded the fourth consecutive year of education for 10 girls in the Philippines. Ranging in ages from grades 4th – 8th, donor contributions have supported these girls as they continue to overcome challenging circumstances in their pursuit of education.

For example, this is Sheryll; we started funding her in 2nd grade. Now she is in the 5th grade! She is one of five siblings in her family, and these scholarship funds make an incredible difference for her family who earns just $215 per month.

Thank you from Sheryll:

“Thank you for our allowance every month. I’m happy to tell you that in our school I’m a member of the marching band. I also have just received my 1st communion. May God bless you, my sponsors for your kindness. I love to go to school because I am in many activities.”

by Brittany John, October 1, 2018