Pets and People in Danger During Midwest Floods and Tornadoes
Unstable weather patterns, resulting in tornadoes and flooding, have ravaged through the Midwest and South, creating catastrophic structural damage, resulting in death and injuries, and displacing countless animals from their homes. We need your help to send urgently needed supplies to pets affected by historical storms and flooding.
How We’ve Helped So Far:
- Transported 40 dogs and 74 cats to safety with help from our partners at Wings of Rescue.
- Awarded $10,000 to Humane Society of Tulsa‘s temporary shelter housing Tulsa County pets and owned pets who have been displaced.
- Awarding International Fund for Animal Welfare $10,000 supporting temporary shelter, animal search and rescue, and transport in Tulsa.
- Awarded $5,000 to World Central Kitchen supporting meals for Missouri and Ohio residents in response to tornadoes.
- Awarding Tulsa SPCA $5,000 to support displaced stray animals and community disaster relief.
- Awarding Team Rubicon $5,000 to support clean-up after tornadoes
- Awarding American Humane $5,000 supporting Animal Search and Rescue Teams (ASAR) Oklahoma.
- Awarding Washington County SPCA $5,000 after shelter flooded. The funds will help replace animal care supplies and provide veterinary support.
- Awarded Code 3 $3,000 to support search and rescue water teams in Oklahoma
- Awarded Saving Dogs 4 Paws at a Time in Moberly, MO $3,000. This rescue is working hand in hand with local animal control to help displaced pets. They are providing temporary holding. GreaterGood.org is supporting vet care for surrendered pets that need Heartworm and Parvo treatment.
- Donated 2 pallets of dog and cat food
- Donated 1 pallet of kitty litter
- Donated 2 pallets of paper towels
Damage is expected over the next week as a result of these disasters, displacing people, and pets from their homes. That’s where GreaterGood.org’s disaster response team is helping. There is still so much work left to do. Our response is vital to ensure the safety and recovery of the pets and people on the ground. Your support is needed now more than ever.
100% of your tax-deductible donation goes to pets and people who are affected and we will keep you updated on the progress of your efforts. Your ongoing support makes it possible.