The Jackson Galaxy Project Kicks-Off 2nd Annual Cat Pawsitive National High-Five Day Contest
Calling all Cat Lovers and High-Five Enthusiasts!
To celebrate the success of The Jackson Galaxy Project’s transformative Cat Pawsitive program, GreaterGood.org is announcing the second annual Cat Pawsitive National High-Five Day Contest.
Believe it or not, cats can be trained, and by teaching shelter cats our Cat Pawsitive techniques (including the signature “High-Five”), we can decrease stress, increase engagement, and raise adoption rates. Anyone can teach a cat to do a high-five—all it takes is a desirable “reinforcer” (your kitty’s favorite treat) and some patience. We even have easy-peasy instructions for you right here. We’re taking National High-Five Day back for the cats!
We Want to See Your Most Creative High-Fives!
From April 18th until May 16th,th, we’re asking shelter staff, volunteers, and supporters to share their best high-five photos and videos! The Cat Daddy himself, Jackson Galaxy, will pick his top 25 entries on May 20th. Voting will be open to the public between May 20th – June 2nd. The top 3 winners will be announced on June 3rd, 2019. Each winner will receive a donation to the shelter or rescue of their choice as follows:
- First Place Grand Prize: $5,000 cash grant for the shelter or rescue of your choice AND a trip to Lil BUB’s birthday party, where you can meet BUB and Jackson Galaxy!
- Second Place: $3,000 cash grant for the shelter or rescue of your choice.
- Third Place: $2,000 cash grant for the shelter or rescue of your choice.
Want to get involved? It’s easy! Just go to www.FelineHighFive.com to enter!
The contest is open to everyone! Whether you work at a shelter or rescue or you just love cats, YOU can enter to win big for the shelter or rescue of your choice. Don’t have a cat and want to participate? Borrow a friend’s cat and teach them some new tricks!
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Winners in the Campaign will be eligible to receive prizes (“Prizes”) and to nominate a shelter or rescue to receive a grant prize (“Grants”). Grants for the Campaign are open only to organizations who are a 501c3 shelter or rescue organization in good standing or a municipal shelter. Grants for the Campaign are only open to groups in the United States, and is void where prohibited by law. Prizes for the Campaign are only open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. Employees of GreaterGood.org, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of GreaterGood.org as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on April 18, 2019 at 12:01 am PST and ending May 16th, 2019 at 11:59 pm PST. Voting is open to the public from May 20th, 12:01 am PST to June 2nd, 2019 at 11:59 pm PST.
4. How to Enter: Entries will be accepted through www.felinehighfive.com. Photo and/or video entries are accepted. Selected groups (see Section 5) will be required to complete a grant application in order to be eligible to win. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of GreaterGood.org.
5. Prizes: The First Place Winner of the Campaign will win the ability to nominate a shelter or rescue of their choice to receive a $5,000 cash grant from GreaterGood.org, as well as a trip for the winner and a friend to Lil BUB’s birthday party, where they will have a chance to meet Lil BUB and Jackson Galaxy. (the “Grand Prize”) The Second Place Winner of the Campaign will will win the ability to nominate a shelter or rescue of their choice to receive a $3,000 cash grant from GreaterGood.org for the shelter or rescue of their choice. The Third Place Winner of the Campaign will win the ability to nominate a shelter or rescue of their choice to receive a $2,000 cash grant from GreaterGood.org. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for GreaterGood.org to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
Grants for the Campaign are open only to organizations who are a 501c3 shelter or rescue organization in good standing or a municipal shelter. Grants for the Campaign are only open to groups in the United States, and is void where prohibited by law. Prizes for the Campaign are only open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: The top 25 finalists will be selected by GreaterGood.org and Jackson Galaxy. The top 3 winners will be decided by public vote. Winner will be notified via email on June 3rd, 2019. GreaterGood.org shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 10 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed application and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT GREATERGOOD.ORG’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that GreaterGood.org, anyone acting on behalf of GreaterGood.org, and GreaterGood.org’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of GreaterGood.org. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless GreaterGood.org from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which GreaterGood.org may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: GreaterGood.org reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond GreaterGood.org’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, GreaterGood.org may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by GreaterGood.org. GreaterGood.org reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. GreaterGood.org has the right, in their sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless GreaterGood.org and their subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE STATE OF WASHINGTON, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Washington having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, email email@example.com after June 3rd, 2019. Requests must be received by July 1st, 2019.