Announcing The First Annual "Cat Pawsitive National High-Five Day Contest"
Calling all Cat Lovers and High-Five Enthusiasts!
To celebrate the expansion of The Jackson Galaxy Project’s transformative Cat Pawsitive program, GreaterGood.org, the Petco Foundation, and Halo® Pets are
announcing the first annual Cat Pawsitive National High-Five Day Contest.
Believe it or not, cats can be trained, and by teaching shelter cats our Cat Pawsitive techniques (including the signature “High-Five”), we can decrease stress, increase engagement, and raise adoption rates. Anyone can teach a cat to do a high-five—all it takes is a desirable “reinforcer” (like Halo®’s Liv-a-Littles® freeze dried treats) and some patience. We even have easy-peasy instructions for you right here. We’re taking National High-Five Day back for the cats!
We want to see your best feline high-fives! From April 2 until National High-Five Day on April 19th, we’re asking shelter staff, volunteers, and supporters to share their most creative high-five photos and videos on Facebook or Instagram using the hashtag #CatPawsitive, tagging @The Jackson Galaxy Project and @Halo Pets. Entries will be judged by The Cat Daddy himself, Jackson Galaxy, and the top 5 will win a donation to the shelter or rescue of their choice as follows:
- Grand Prize: $5000 cash grant and 10,000 bowls of HOLISTIC, WHOLE, HUMANE Halo® pet food courtesy of GreaterGood.org and FreeKibble.com, and your post shared on Jackson Galaxy’s Facebook page
- 4 runners-up: 10,000 bowls each of Halo® pet food courtesy of GreaterGood.org and FreeKibble.com
Want to get involved? It’s easy! If you are a shelter or rescue, simply ask your supporters to hop on Facebook or Instagram and share their most creative cat high-five photos or videos with the hashtag #CatPawsitive, and by tagging your shelter, @The Jackson Galaxy Project, @Halo Pets. If you are an individual, you can also nominate your favorite shelter or rescue by posting.
Here’s some examples of great photos and videos that would make amazing entries:
The contest will run from April 2 – 18, and you and your supporters can share as many videos or photos as you’d like—each post that meets the criteria will count as an entry.
Make sure your sharing preferences are set to public so that we can see your hashtags. Winners will be announced on April 19th—National High-Five Day!
It’s a great (not to mention fun, free, and easy) way to promote your shelter, cat adoption, and win some cash and food!
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Prizes for this Campaign are open only to organizations who are a 501c3 shelter or rescue organization in good standing or a municipal shelter. Prizes for The Campaign are only open to groups in the United States, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of GreaterGood.org, Halo Pets, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of GreaterGood.org
as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on April 2, 2018 at 12:01am PST and ending April 18, 2018 at 11:59pm PST.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by publishing a post on Facebook or Instagram that includes: (1)a photo or video of a cat high-fiving a human (2)the hashtag #CatPawsitive, (3)the tagged name of the shelter or rescue you are nominating, (4)the tagged name of Halo Pets and The Jackson Galaxy Project. Each individual may share an unlimited amount of posts nominating their shelter. Facebook and Instagram accounts with privacy settings turned on may not have their posts counted properly. To ensure proper entry, users must make their profiles public. Selected groups (see Section 5) will be required to complete a grant application in order to be eligible to win. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of GreaterGood.org.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winners”) will receive either a $5000 cash grant and a grant of 10,000 bowls of Halo® Pet Food (the “Grand Prize”) or a grant of 10,000 bowls of Halo® Pet Food (the “Runners Up”) from GreaterGood.org. Winners must complete a grant application in order to be eligible for prize. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for GreaterGood.org and Halo® Pets to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by GreaterGood.org and Jackson Galaxy. Winner will be notified via social media on April 19, 2018. GreaterGood.org shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 10 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed application and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT GREATERGOOD.ORG’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that GreaterGood.org or Halo® Pets, anyone acting on behalf of GreaterGood.org or Halo® Pets, and GreaterGood.org or Halo® Pets’ licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of GreaterGood.org. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless GreaterGood.org from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which GreaterGood.org may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: GreaterGood.org reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond GreaterGood.org’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, GreaterGood.org may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by GreaterGood.org. GreaterGood.org reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. GreaterGood.org has the right, in their sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless GreaterGood.org and their subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE STATE OF WASHINGTON, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Washington having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, email email@example.com after April 19, 2019. Requests must be received by May 1, 2018.
13. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Halo® Pets.
15. Facebook: The Campaign hosted by GreaterGood.org is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram.